Reflections| New Year, New Resolutions!

Monday 6 January 2014  at 1:09 pm
Afternoon!

I'm back! and boy am I glad to be back! It's nice and all to spend loads of time with the family and extended family, but they get tiring after a while *laughs* I've come down with some kind of stress "cold". I don't really consider it a cold just my body being spiteful to me *laughs* Today's post is all about "in the year of 2013" and some of the New years resolutions I have for the upcoming year ahead! I hope you enjoy today's post!

In the year of 2013:

Although 2013 wasn't the most joyful year for me (a close friend passed away because of liver problems, family problems and my last year of uni was the worst year of my life!) it had some highlights!


I finally took control of my bleeding disorder! I have never eaten properly (I hate red meat) and I don't eat a lot of food. I finally succumbed to the multi-vitamin and iron supplements that my doctors prescribed to me. Due to my bad eating habits, I would go into "relapse" for lack of a better word, where I would bleed a lot and my body would take weeks to recover from it, because my body doesn't produce red blood cells as fast everyone else's does. I finally realised that instead of looking at my supplements as something that was evil, the only way I was going to cope with this problem was to take them. I've never liked taking medication because I hate the fact that your body eventually relies on the medication to get better. But there comes a time and a place, and this was the time for me to start realising supplements will make me feel better.


I've always had body image problems, because I'm 1.55m (5'1) short with a pear-shaped body. It use to be the worst type of body shape in my eyes, because I would think to myself that I'm short plus curves then it must mean I look stubby/even shorter. After years of trying to come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to get rid of my hips no matter how little I eat or if I go on a diet, I've started embracing them rather than hating them. Curves are curves it doesn't mean I'm fat or big-boned it's the anatomy of my body and it's here to stay!


2013 was also the year I decided to correct my vision, I've had eye-sight problems for a while now actually, it didn't start last year. It's been developing over the years I would tell my mum that I have trouble seeing far but she resigned it to the fact that during uni and school your eyes are strained and they get tired. Last year was the tipping point, I was writing down something in class and when I looked up again I couldn't read anything off the board, I ended up copying my friends notes because I couldn't see *laughs*. Although being told that my eye-sight is just going to worsen at least I know that is what lies ahead of me in the future.



I finally started doing things that make me happy. I know it might seem weird but piercings are what make me happy, in a way I find it therapeutic *laughs*. I mostly study when uni opens, I don't go to parties or anything like that, so I'm a home-body you could say. So when I get piercings it's like my adrenaline rush, I love it!

The most valuable piece of advice/words of wisdom I have learnt in 2013 was from one of my mum's very close friends. It was her husband that passed away from liver problems and she said to my mum, that she doesn't want to be sad and depressed because there are other people in this world that are suffering more than she is. It made me realise how strong she really is, that even through a sudden loss she thinks and cares about others. She taught me to never think that I'm having it tough when uni decides to throw curve balls at me and life in general gets me down, I need to think about others and what other people are going through.

Resolutions for 2014:

  • Work harder at uni, prepare well in advance!
  • Enjoy the little things in life
  • Appreciate my family more
  • Help mum more with chores around the house
  • Be more independent
  • Learn that mistakes are OK when it comes to life and love
  • Start saving up money for Europe tour in June/July

And one more thing! Without the continued support of everyone that reads my blog, my blog would probably be one of the many failed attempts that I've had at blogging in the past! Although I don't host huge giveaways/I rarely hold giveaways and I don't have outstanding photo's I still get awesome lovelies following my blog and for that I am eternally grateful for!

Till we meet again!
Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment