Review| Rimmel Color Rush in #710 "Drive me Nude"!

Friday 13 June 2014  at 6:05 pm
Evening!

Ever since I walked into my local department store I've been eying Rita Ora's collaboration with Rimmel! You all know how obsessed I am with chubby sticks/lipstick crayons, it's safe to say that Rimmel's color rush collection of chubby sticks is definitely worth a try! Read on to find out more! :) 




The packaging is in no way a true representation of the actual color of "Drive me Nude", I imagined "Drive me Nude" to be more of a tan, light brown color similar to Clinique's "Heaping Hazelnut". But it's more of a pinky undertoned nude color, which might I add, get's double brownie points in my book. I've always hated the nude lipsticks that look like someone has smeared foundation onto their lips. I love the subtle pinky undertone that veers away from being too nude of a nude chubby stick!


As you can see in the picture above, it's in no way a matte-ish finish chubby stick. The number one thing that it checked off on my list, was the moisture factor. I wore this baby for 4+ hours straight and didn't feel any tightness, bleeding into the lines of my lips or flaky bits on my lips. For anyone with dual toned lips, it might not give you the coverage that you want because "Drive me Nude" is semi-sheer. I like it because it gives a subtle hint of "healthy" color to your lips. I've been an avid loather of anything that suggests that it's a nude chubby stick or lipstick, but I absolutely love this color! I've been successfully converted *laughs*




For anyone that prefers more coverage, I suggest trying #130 "I want candy" which is a more pigmented chubby stick in the color rush range.

 P.S: I used Rimmel's Scandal eye's thick and thin eyeliner to create my winged eyeliner look!

For all the South African readers, I picked mine up at Edgar's for 99zar::$9.21 which I think is a pretty decent price since you're gaining more bang for your buck!

I hope this review was somewhat helpful! :)
Till we meet again!
Bye Bye!

11 comments:

  1. Nice nude color lipstick c; I also love your winged eye c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The nude color is beautiful and it looks beautiful. I'm not really a fan of Rita Ora though. She cheated on Calvin Harris and I'm in love with him!

    May from La vie en May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much May! :) Ahaha, to be honest, I didn't even know who Rita Ora was until I saw her on a cover of a magazine and promoting her line for Rimmel XD She cheated on Calvin Harris?? The guy that makes amazing music? Shame on her!

      Delete
  3. First of all, you have GORGEOUS lips! They're so full and they're such a beautiful shape. And this nude really looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Melissa! That's such a sweet thing to say! :)

      Delete
  4. Good review! the shade looks very sheer and natural, I personally prefer something more pigmented.
    If you are looking into nude lips, you should try rimmel's nude delight :) I personally like it

    I also have a blog if you can check out, it will be great!
    http://fullycurious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice :) I just googled Rimmel's nude delight and thought to myself "where has this lipstick color been hiding all my life" XD I absolutely love it! Can't wait to see what it looks like swatched in store so I can buy it!

      Delete
  5. I love this color, it looks beautiful on you. Like you I am going to try Rimmel's nude delight, hopefully it will suit my skintone.

    I'd love it if you could take a look at my blog,
    http://dustella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Pauline! I'm glad you like the color! Rimmel's nude delight definitely looks like worth a try since it has a glorious peachy undertone unlike this one which is more pinky :)

      Delete
  6. It is truly a nude, i love to try that with smoky eyes
    Let's support each other

    http://tobelikealady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete