Piercings|The Conch Piercing

Sunday 24 February 2013  at 12:01 pm
Afternoon Lovelies!

I did say in my previous piercing post that I would eventually get a conch piercing, and following through with my obsessions with piercings, I got one. Don't get me wrong, although I love my conch piercing to death, it was the most anti-climatic piercing I've ever had to get. It was the most painful but I wasn't as nervous as when I got my second ear piercings. I seem to do all my piercings on a spur of the moment type of thing so I can never back out and put off getting my piercings. I got my conch piercing at an ear clinic in my home-town. I think it might not have been so nervous because the piercer loved doing conch piercings, so I realised then and there I'm going to get a piercing that's situated nicely and will aesthetically look nice. This piercing, definitely isn't for anyone who doesn't like pain and trust me when I say this. 

I have a very low pain threshold towards certain things and when it comes to piercings my pain threshold is high. So, when I say that it was sore, it was sore! I didn't realise at the time, after some research that a conch piercing is the most sensitive part of the ear to get pierced. After I got the conch, I had this massive pressure build up in my head like a bad migraine, but when I got home I was better. 

All in all, I love my conch piercing not many people seem to get and it's an odd place to get a piercing. I am considering another piercing *laughs* I said after my conch I wouldn't get another piercing but I really just want two cartilage piercings or a rook piercing!




I found this image randomly on tumblr
Found this on another site, not Queen of Space website

Have no idea where I found this
I have a serious girl crush on Hyoyeon for some reason, I have no idea why. But, I love her attitude and her happy-go lucky personality. Just like Hyuna from 4 minute inspired me to get a conch piercing, Hyoyeon is inspiring me to either get a rook or cartilage piercing.

Till we meet again!
Bye Bye!

9 comments:

  1. woooow! finally!
    Haha, I hoe I can get the courage to get a conch piercing too,I'm chickening out!
    it looks so awesome, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee! ^^ You should get one for sure, it's well worth it!

      Delete
  2. Did you get yours with needle or gun? Does it still hurt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine with a needle since it has less of a chance of damaging your cartilage when you get pierced. Nope, it doesn't hurt anymore, I've had it now for almost 9 months and it took about 7 or 8 for it to stop hurting whenever I had to clean it

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying! I'm planning to get a rook piercing, but conch piercing seems cute too and more unnoticeable :D

      Delete
    3. Oh, awesome! Rook piercings look so cool! Yupp, a conch piercing is definitely unnoticeable, unless you wear a very big earring that will make it noticeable. Good luck with the rook piercing! I'm sure you'll love it when you get it done!

      Delete
    4. Thanks! I feel quite scared, since it's a sensitive place to pierce, but still, I'm so excited :))

      Delete
  3. how long did you let it heal until you take the earring out and replace with another?
    im planning to get a couch one too;) but does hurt more than the lobe ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a year to take the earring out and replace it with another one. A year is the minimum heal time for a conch piercing. Yes, it definitely hurts more than the lobe ones, but it's all over in a couple of seconds and it's worth it ;) Let me know when you get it done!

      Delete