Overcoming fears

Friday 2 December 2011  at 10:52 am
Morning!

Lovelies! I've been away for...almost a week now? I apologize for that. I've been spending all the time I can with my favorite person since I'm leaving in two weeks time for my hometown. So, yesterday he wanted to surprise me. I didn't really know where we were going but I had an idea. It turned out that it was the place I thought it was. He took me to an amusement park, it's called Gold    Reef City. What he didn't know was that  I have a fear of roller-coasters and amusement parks. I didn't tell him either that I had this fear because I know that he wanted to do something special for me. All in all, I'll never visit another amusement park again and never ride a roller-coaster. I didn't realize that I would feel ill after the coaster, so it was definitely an experience I'll never forget (laughs). My mum kept telling me when I came home, that, that is what happens in relationships, it's trial and error. You realize what the other dislikes and never do it again. But I felt so sorry for him though, he felt bad after I told him that I had a fear of roller-coasters, I should express what I dislike more. But, besides the near death experience (laughs) I have NOTD's, fashion hauls and OFTD's! But firstly, I have to show off my Konad nail stamping kit and my trials using my nail stamping kit!



I first purchased my first stamping plate at a nail shop called Planet Nails. I thought it was the real deal because Planet Nails is a reputable nail shop. Needless to say, it isn't the real thing. The woman from Konad told me that if there isn't a Konad stamp or any sign that it's manufactured from Konad, don't buy it. The plate is so useless that when I tried Konad's nail polish on it, it didn't work. The engravings are too shallow and not as deep as in Konad's stamping plate. The plates also differ in thickness of-course, Konad's are thicker and heavier and the fake being much lighter. So, moral of the story, don't be cheap and buy the real thing! But, if you are unaware that it isn't the real thing don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us.

Fake, no Konad stamping on the back.


The real deal, Konad stamping on the back.




The women at the Konad stall stamped this on my nail for me. I would've preferred just the flowers, the trimmings at the bottom just didn't do it for me.

First attempt at stamping. I didn't realize how hard it is to stamp, because of the curvature of the rubber stamp it's hard to stamp in a straight line on your nail. I know that the curvature of the rubber stamp is meant to make it easier, because your nail is curved, it just takes a lot of trial and error.




I have developed a love for pure cotton shirts lately. They're cool and can be tucked into a skirt and still look great.


I bought this skirt at Jay Jay's. I love the pleating and the material it's made out of. The added bonus is that it has it's own petty coat! So, I don't need to wear one underneath (smile).


This lip tint works great! It's super moisturizing and it adds a great tint. Bloom and Palmers lip moisturizers are the only products that work for my dry lips. Usually if I wear lip gloss or lip stick, my lips are so dry after application that my lips start cracking and flaking. This works great because it's a lip tint and has an SPF of 8 in it. 



Favorite person and I cam-whoring at Mcdonalds (laughs). He is the only one to put a genuine smile on my face when I'm down and out.

I hope everyone will have a good weekend ahead!

Till the next post
Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment