Swatches| Maybelline Color Show, Essence, Essie, Aura & nail protecting base coats

Sunday 23 June 2013  at 1:56 am
Evening Lovelies!

I decided to do a few swatches of the nailpolishe purchases that I have made during this past month. I realized that taking a picture of a bottle standing all alone doesn't really show much, in my opinion. The only downside of swatching is the damage it inflicts onto your nails, my nails are already weak and brittle from constant application of nailpolish, knowing this I still sacrificed them *laughs* Although I have given my nails a break from nailpolish (one or two weeks) it doesn't really matter because they're still dry and weak, even after a break. So I had to invest in the most expensive enriched Keratin containing base coat. Luckily my birthday is coming up soon, so it forms part of le birthday present *laughs* But I'd really like to know if anyone has a suggestion on less harsh nailpolish removers please let me know in the comments section below!

::Maybelline Color Show::



"Peach Kiss" is more of a subtle nude pink, that would be great to use as a base-coat for a french manicure but I wear it as is to give my nails a touch of color.



::Essence::








By far...this has to be the worst nail sealer I have tried, after using it my nails were still weak and still flaked a lot. I understand the bottle says it's an anti split nail sealer but it should have some properties to make nails stronger if it's used to prevent nails from splitting.

::Aura::



 "Bunny White" isn't a true white, it's a creamish off color white.


::Essie::



Since it's Winter down here, I was in search for a rich plum nailpolish shade, and Essies "Carry On" quenched my thirst for the perfect plum shade. Plum is perfect for Winter since it accompanies the dark and gloomy weather *bleh*

::Trind [most expensive nail protector I have ever bought]::


I've been applying this nail protector for the past two weeks and I have to say that I've noticed a remarkable change in my nails. I could never grow my nails out long because they'd either flake near the tips or the tips would break. Since using Trind my nails are much stronger, and believe me when I say much I was never able  to grow out my nails long as I mentioned and at a stage my nails were so bad that they'd just tear at any accidental brute force I applied. I don't know where Trind originates from all I know is that it is made in the Netherlands and the best nail protector I have used so far.

I hope this post was informative and the swatches give a better idea of what the nailpolioshes look like!

Till we meet again!
Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment