Review| Catrice Eyebrow Filler & Eyebrow Perfecter

Wednesday 20 August 2014  at 7:20 pm
Evening!

As the third semester in uni is reaching its expiration date, the amount of assignments and tests that are piling up is tremendous! As I sit here now, I'm working on an enzymology report that's only due on the 2nd of September but there are so many more other things to come before that date approaches (tests, semester tests, research). On another note, I've noticed lately on Google+ that the ice water bucket challenge has been trending like insane lately! I never knew why until I decided to find out. I'd have to say that I fully support the campaign/challenge, I first knew about ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) through watching "Boku no Ita Jikan" which moved me to absolute tears because it was so darn sad! After watching the drama I researched everything about ALS, for anyone that doesn't know what ALS is, it is a degenerative muscle disorder which specifically targets the lower and upper motor neurons in your body. Those are the neurons responsible for movement which is why, when they are destroyed you become paralyzed. So when I heard about the "ice bucket challenge" I thought to myself that they're pouring ice water over them to simulate what happens when you have ALS (like the paralysis, because when you're cold you don't want to move" apparently I was wrong, but even so, I'm glad the challenge was created and that lesser known diseases are getting a bigger scope out there in the world! (Now if only they had a challenge for Von Willebrand's disease!). 

So tonight's review is on my very first purchase of an eyebrow product. All of you know (or don't know) I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to the face department and never thought in a million ways to ever become interested in make-up and eyebrow fillers and lipstick! Considering this is my first eyebrow product I can't compare it against anything, but in my opinion for anyone on a budget and is a student like me and tons of make-up isn't your thing. Keep on reading! :) 
  
You know what to do!



This product doesn't come as a set and everything has to be purchased separately. I'm not sure how much I paid for it, since it's been some weeks since I bought it! I bought mine at Dischem and as far as I know the one that I bought it from doesn't have any stock and I bought the last ones *laughs* So firstly, you have the eyebrow perfecter which is a clear setting gel which works wonders on keeping my straight line eyebrows even straighter. Everyone always asks me if I pluck my eyebrows to get them as straight as they are but truth be told, I was born with them and I only ever pluck a few stray hairs. My eyebrow hairs rarely if ever are out of place when I apply the eyebrow perfecter and I wear it for an entire 12 hour day!
Next is the eyebrow filler which only comes in one color and as you can see that one color is brown. I mean really Catrice, one eyebrow color? And it's brown? My hair is black for heaven's sake! Although it only comes in one shade it's perfect for anyone with dark haired eyebrows (sorry to anyone with blonde hair and blonde eyebrows!). For anyone that's use to filling in their brows with powder and like the strong, powerful look it creates. Close this page and continue using powder to fill in your brows. When I meant a natural look I meant every word, this eyebrow filler doesn't color in your brows to the extent that it's going to create a whole new you. It's one of those beauty products that without it you feel naked but with it you feel naked too because it doesn't add as much pigment as you'd like it to. 
I first apply the eyebrow perfecter to my brows, I thought that was effect but after a while I realized that the clear mascara would be wiped off my eyebrows after I applied the eyebrow filler. So since then I now apply the eyebrow filler (pictured below) and then the eyebrow perfecter.
TaDa! The final look! See, there isn't a noticeable difference but my brows look much cleaner and in place than what they use to look like!

I hope this review was helpful! And to anyone starting out with make-up and you want to ease yourself into this mystical land, definitely give this product a try!

Till we meet again!
Bye Bye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment