Review| Olive Oil Products

Saturday 16 November 2013  at 6:32 pm
Evening Lovelies!

I'm SO excited! I'm finally after much deliberation going to watch "The Great Gatsby" you might think I would have learnt it during my younger school years, but, nope I didn't. I learnt the wonders of Shakespeare instead. Not that I'm complaining, I loved "A Midsummer Nights Dream"! So, today's post is going to focus on that beautiful green fruit that I hate eating, olives! Since it's Summer down here in the South, I've been suffering from dry patchy skin. No one loves dry patchy skin! So of course I turned to the internet to aid me in my need! Amongst the hoards of "drink more water!" suggestions, using olive oil products stood out for me the most. Olive oil products stood out for me in particular because apparently it is similar in chemical structure to our skin. You always want skin products that mimic the pH and environmental conditions of your skin, so that it doesn't disturb the natural equilibrium of your skin. Another factor that made me turn to olive oil products were the anti-oxidants that it contains. It contains anti-oxidants such as vitamin A and E. Vitamin E especially aids in the anti-ageing properties of olive oil products. In no way am I claiming that the products I've chosen contain all these goodies, I just picked them up because I wanted more olive oil products in my life to help alleviate my patchy dry skin problem *eek!*



"Palmers olive butter body lotion" definitely didn't disappoint me. I knew because it's made from extra virgin olive oil it'll have extra moisturising properties because, high quality olive oil contains acids such as linoleic acid and palmitic acid. These acids aid in trapping moisture and water in the skin, so you don't dry out like a prune! Usually my legs are the first to be sacrificed under the sun's rays, but when I applied the olive butter they managed to stay moisturised and nourished. The only thing that I have a gripe about is the fragrance of this product. Of course I know it's made out of olives and it has the smell of olives, I just don't prefer smelling like one. But if you don't mind a hint of olive smell on your body, this body butter is definitely worth a try.



Of course I had to pick up a hand-cream too, because "pssht" I can't use body butter on my hands *sarcasm* I initially tried putting a drop of olive oil onto my cuticles to prevent them from drying out, but that didn't work. So, I picked up a hand and nail lotion with olive oil like properties in them. I won't say that this blew me away simply because I didn't feel any significant improvement on my cuticles or on my skin. I do love however, that it doesn't leave a greasy film behind on your skin, but not worth buying again.


And finally a body wash, with of course olives in it! This definitely showed the most significant changes on my skin. After washing with it, I didn't have to apply moisturising lotion on afterwards because my skin felt moisturised after I stepped out of the shower, so I'll definitely be picking this again! Just as a side-note, I bought the last two products at store that sells home furniture so I doubt anyone will be able to find these products again. I just want to make the beneficial properties of olive oil known to all you lovely readers! So whenever you're feeling your skin just that little extra bit of moisture try something with olive oil in it, you won't be disappointed!

Till we meet again!
Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment