Review| Garnier BB cream

Friday 29 March 2013  at 5:39 pm

Evening Lovelies!

I'm almost 85% sure most of you have tried Garnier's BB cream, if you haven't I'm glad you've stumbled upon my review *smiles* It was launched down here sometime at the end of last year, so I've been sitting on this for a while. Let's get down to the logistics of everything, I have combination type skin which isn't prone to acne (weird, right?) I know most people have combination skin that's acne prone, but I tend to not break out. If I do break out it'll be one pimple which dries out in about 2-3 weeks and it's extremely sensitive to perfume in products.
Let's get started with the review!


Price

I bought my BB cream from a grocery store known as Pick n' Pay, I would equate it to Target. I'm almost always guaranteed to buy my beauty products for a cheaper price at this shop. It retailed for 60zar::$6.05. At pharmacies it retails for 80zar::$8.67. I wasn't prepared to pay 80zar for a product that I didn't know would work well on my skin. The price is definitely reasonable considering other BB creams down here such as Revlon's BB cream retails for about 125zar::$13.54.

Effectiveness 

If you're in search of a BB cream that hides blemishes, stop reading here. Garnier's BB cream is more of a tinted moisturiser that gives a subtle flawless finish. Since I don't have much scarring on my skin, when I apply it, it gives me radiant skin as the product claims to achieve. Other than that, that's about it. On photo's however it definitely does give a flawless finish. If you have oily skin, like me, I suggest setting it with powder after application. It won't only prevent you from looking like you ran a marathon but it makes the product last for longer. I'm a fresh-ling at beauty products but when it comes to feeling like a product is weighing my face down I immediately hate it, I feel like this BB cream does exactly it. I find that it's a bit hard to apply evenly to the face as well, if you don't rub well into your skin you'll be left with streaking quite easily. I don't recommend this to anyone trying to cover up acne prone skin or dark circles. If you're in search for a product to give you a subtle glow and flawless finish (note I'm using subtle very strongly here) then this product is for you.

Number of shades

When I first researched Garnier's BB cream, I heard that there weren't medium and dark shades, so I was hesitant to buy it. But when I found medium and dark shades I was glad! As pictured above I'm medium and the match is perfect! Absolutely perfect, when I wear it to university, no one knows I'm wearing BB cream and that's the only aspect I love about this product.

Scent
The scent reminds me of all the Garnier skin care products. I first recognized the scent when my bf had washed his skin, he uses Garnier and the scent is virtually the same. It's a fresh smell that I'm not fond of because my skin is sensitive to perfume in products. Knowing that my skin break outs when perfume laden products are applied to my skin, I still tried it. To my surprise I haven't had one break out yet and I've been using it for a couple of months now. 

Application




You would never guess that I applied the BB cream to my hand, the finish is so flawless!


I won't be buying this product again. Based on one fact, I hate products that feel heavy on my skin, I want to feel like my skin can breathe and that if I leave the product on for the entire day it won't break me out. As a cheap BB cream it's not that bad, I can't deny that. It's just not for me.

I hope this review was of some use and help. If anyone has tried Garnier's BB cream let me know in the comments section below!

Till we meet again!
Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment