Review| Clinique's blushing blush!

Tuesday 17 June 2014  at 8:32 pm
Evening!

A few weeks ago (let's make that a couple of weeks ago) I received Clinique's blushing blush in bashful plum in a gift pack, for buying one of Clinique's facial treatments. I've never paid any attention to blush, because for me, it's just another tiresome step to add to a beauty routine. I'm sure all of you can see, but I'm definitely without a doubt, a complete noobie and lazy bum when it comes to applying make-up! Although I've always found blush unnecessary in a beauty routine and my mum would always tell me "a flush of color always does a world of good for your skin" I've now realized the wonders of blush. When I received the free sample blush I though it would be one of those items that would be stored at the back of my cabinet in my bathroom never to see the sun's rays! Boy was I wrong! Clinique has successfully converted me from a non-wearing blush noobie to a full time (I don't want to leave the house without this healthy does of color on my cheeks) wanna be make-up expert! *laughs* Read on to find out more! :)




I have to admit that there's nothing special about this packaging, granted it's a free sample...but still, it looks crappy. If you'd like to see what the full paid version looks like *laughs* clickey here! :) There are 10 shades in the range: Cupid, Aglow, Sunset glow, Smoldering plum, Iced lotus, Mysterious mocha, Precious posy, Berry delight, Breathless berry and Spiced wine! To be honest with you I have no idea where bashful plum fits in with all of these colors on offer. But my best guess is that it's a limited edition type of thing? I'm not sure, but the color is very similar to Cupid which is a pale dusty pink and Sunset glow which is a mid-tone redish bronze. S.A readers can pick this up at any cosmetics store for plus minus 280zar::$21.


The product claims to create a natural flush of color to the cheeks, sweep effortlessly over the cheeks, oil free, long wearing and is build-able to obtain the desired intensity of color. Firstly, the product claims to be everything it says it is! For once, I am absolutely in love with a make-up product. I was worried about the oil free formula because my cheeks are generally much drier than the rest of my face, but it didn't dry my cheeks out in the slightest. I'd say that there is a slight hint of oxidation that takes place because it turns slightly darker on my skin. But that doesn't bother me too much because it remotely looks like I applied bronzer to contour my face...but didn't *laughs*


The main thing that I loved about this blush is that it has shimmer in it! I know that's not everyone's cup of tea but for me I love a bit of reflection of light from the cheeks. Bashful plum is a pink under-toned blush that I feel will look amazing on any skin shade! Once I have nothing left of this product I'm going to give Precious posy a try which is a pinky, peach under-toned blush with gold pearl. Sounds promising since I won't be able to get my hands on bashful plum!


For anyone that is interested in the dolly pink flushed cheeks, this is definitely not the product for you! As it states, it gives a natural flush of color which is barely noticeable. I lean towards make-up that gives a natural look to the skin since I don't wear make-up often. The pictures above and below were taken after I had worn the blush for 4+ hours straight with only one re-application.  


I hope this review was helpful!
Till we meet again!
Bye Bye! :)

3 comments:

  1. Great review! New reader and I adore your site! Your photography is beautiful and your writing flows so well - thanks for the review :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A new follower! Thank you so much Mairi! I'm glad you like the review :)

      Delete
  2. looks gorge! love this blush!

    ReplyDelete